Achalgarh Fort Mount Abu

Situated at a distance of 11 km from Mount Abu, Achalagarh Fort was built under the reign of the Paramara dynasty. Later it was renovated by Maharana Kumbha in 1452 CE. The fort was made with the purpose to keep an eye on enemy movements.

There is a famous Shiv temple, Achaleshwar Mahadev Temple and Mandakini Lake within the complex of fort. In the center of Achaleshwar Mahadev there is a sculptured image of Nandi (the white bull on which Lord Shiva rides) which is made of 5 meats (bronze, gold, zinc, copper & brass).

ADDRESS

Mount Abu Road, Rajasthan, India